Saturday, September 22, 2012

Truly home

I have been home for a couple of months now.  There are things I miss about North Carolina, okay the beach mainly.
I am happy to be living with my husband, finally, but I still missed when we were at the beach house together.

It was not until last night when I was like "I'm home." I went to day one of Music Midtown (day two will commence in two hours) with a friend who drove down from NC.  While we were standing in front of the the Avett brothers' stage, I turned around and saw the midtown buildings protruding from piedmont parks' trees.  That moment reminded me of how much I love Atlanta.  A big city with lots of exciting things to offer depending on your interests, yet so nurturing and easy to enjoy.  The city too busy to hate has some truth to it, but the bigger truth is it is a city that everyone loves therefore no reason to show hate.

I'm sure there will be a time that hubby and I will move someplace else (depending on his career path after finishing his MBA), but no place could be as intriguing as Atlanta has been to me these past 9 years. The other 20 years have been around Metro Atlanta, so my whole life has been true to one city.

No comments: