Thursday, March 07, 2013

Joys and pains of weathering

I've been wanting to treat the large windows of our place for a while now. You can feel the cold air seeping in from these windows as you sit on the couch. I found DIY weather film at Walmart and decided that I can do this! Well, hubby said he could do it, but I was bored during spring break, so onto this project I went.

Applying the weather tape was easy. The tricky part was measuring and cutting the film. I learned the hard way not to balance on a speaker while setting scissors to rest on the back of the couch. They fell perfectly onto my toes. Thank God they weren't open or else I would be posting this from the ER room.
After applying the film onto the weather tape was a challenge, but knowing I get to blow dry the film to shrink wrap it kept me going. This is the fun part of weathering windows. Something about watching the film tighten and shrink is soothing.
During this process, Little Man thought it would be fun to eat the trash. Even with the trash box closed, he managed to get the trash out of the box and take off running with the trash in his mouth. Fun for him, not for me who had to hunt down said pieces of trash. All said and done, the windows are weatherized, and I can sit comfortably by the windows to read. Now we realize how much energy it saves (I had to turn down the heater) we want to weather strip all the windows.....better find a better trash canister.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your site. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd
really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Many thanks!

My web site ... http://blowjobrules.com/